Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Decorating on a Dime!



Hi all, finally the sun is to shine here in the north east for Easter weekend! I will surely have spring fever after experiencing weekly nor'easters , floods and record breaking rain in the month of March. Not only will I pull out the golf clubs, detail my car and rev up my work out program, I will be attacking spring cleaning and decorating.

So with many of you looking to do the same, I thought I would give you some decorating tips on how to get your home ready for the warmer weather to come! This will surely bring back memories of our mothers switching out their winter curtains for their summer ones and of course window washing (Cleaning is the first step afterall)! Watch for my tips over the next two weeks.

TIP #1 Replace all heavy textured accessories such as throws and pillows with lighter versions, choosing linen, cottons, flax and sisal. Freshen up the colors by incorporating the lighter hues of your room's palette. I love heading to Pottery Barn where I can purchase pillow covers at a fraction of the cost and they often have coordinating throws. Bring out your decorating books that have warmer weather lifestyles as a focus, arrange them on a coffee table and add a looking glass to encourage your guests to peruse through them. A couple of my favorites are anything to do with gardening, roses and outdoor spaces. Change out your metallic accessories for lacquer, rattan and bamboo all having wonderful textures, but not heavy.

Pottery Barn Pillow Covers

No comments:

Post a Comment