Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tip Two or Through the Tulips!



COOL FIRE STONES FROM OUTDOOR LIVING



Wow I am dating myself with that song from Tiny Tim...Tip Through the Tulips! Seriously, I am on to the next tip in decorating on a dime for Spring. So far I have cleaned (some, no windows yet) and replaced my pillows and throws. Next tip is to clean out that fireplace which is a nasty job, and my husband and I (did I mention his name is Tim), disagree on the best time to do this. Since I live in New England we can have raw cool damp days into June and there are times I like to have it going to dry out the house. So tip # 2 will focus on how you can give it a fresh look to carry you through the warmer weather!

Tip #2. Change out your fireplace accessories to create a more fresh look. Fireplaces that still have your winter accessories can be heavy looking in the warmer months so consider switching to a candle arrangement with varying heights of big white pillars, lanterns or mercury glass candle holders. For the cool factor, check out these unusual Fire Stones from www.outdoorlivingshowroom.com. However, if you are tight on storage, thoroughly clean all the fireplace accessories and switch the wood to one beautiful piece of Birch, the white bark is so lovely; if you are a DIY drill holes and add candles. Or add a beautiful basket with dried hydrangeas, shells, moss or other natural elements that convey srping or summer. All of these suggestions allow you to still have ambiance without the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment